Wednesday 4 May 2011

Mood Board



A mood board is like a mind map produced by a designer/producer to help them get a clear idea of their specific topic which is made up of collages (images, colour samples etc) which can either be actual or virtual.

A mood board will visually help me with codes and conventions of a Hip Hop magazine. As you can see the images used will convey a Hip Hop artist. The colour scheme is usually black to emphasise more on a ‘gangster’ image. This will all help me to visualize about potential colours and features to create and develop my front cover, contents page and double page spread. With all these images it has inspired me to design the best Hip Hop magazine that will appeal to my target audience from this mood board.

To create this mood board I had the help of the World biggest search engine Google. Google Images gave me a good range of quality images to help make up the mood board. I had searched words like ‘’ Hip Hop model’’ or ‘’Hip Hop Jewellery’’. By typing the word ‘Hip Hop’ will automatically search for images from that phrase. This helped narrow down searches just to images that were appropriate or appealed to my magazine.  The colours were mostly black and red. This conveys most Hip Hop magazines as most of them use this particular colour scheme to represent Hip Hop artists.

These images are used which will base my ideas on a Hip Hop magazine. The help of this mood board is crucial as it gives me more of an idea on what is expected to present to my target audience. Visually this will develop my ideas to take the best picture at the right angle to be put on one of my pages. This will also help me in my photo shoot as I will bring props and tell my modellers to dress accordingly. Finally, this will give me more of a visual idea to develop all my idea on to making the best outcome by researching colour schemes, image etc.


Mood Board 1

This mood board is more specifically for the use of black and white colour scheme and the layout on each individual. This will help me decide on how to portray images with a black and white colour contrasting background. These colours are explained in my colour scheme analysis where I have identified that this would visually be better for my target audience as they can be neutral colours. These images are purposely used to help myself establish a better vision on how my products would be shown with the element of the background colour of black and an image on top. This would further help me to gain a better understanding of my genre chosen, Hip Hop.


Mood Board 2

The second mood board I have designed is for each prop that should be used in order to create a effective Hip Hop magazine. I will take these factors or elements into consideration by trying to use as many as I can and how to achieve more of a sex appeal appropriately to my target audience. As all of these are a part of the Mise en scene, this will help me achieve this to a minimal allowing my front cover to be more of a convention to a Hip Hop magazine. In my opinion, I feel that the imagination I use to develop these props is a crucial factor in media which would allow me to achieve the most attractive and fascinating props, colours, style, layouts and models/anchors used for my Hip Hop magazine.




Mood Board 3

The last mood board produced is more to do with the colour scheme and adding the valuable vivid red inside to see how the red is positioned in each image. This mood board consist of the colours black and white and one additional colour which is red as this is what conveys and makes a successful Hip Hop magazine. Lastly, whilst I was creating these mood boards, I have a better image in my head of ideas on how my product would look like along with these mood boards helping me illustrate and gaining more inspiration and a creative desire to produce the best Hip Hop magazine to my full potential.



No comments:

Post a Comment